Free Online Image Optimizer
Go PRO and unlock all the awesome features of Kraken PRO. Already a PRO member? Log in here.
Kraken PRO comes with: Full API Access, Web Interface PRO, WordPress and Magento Plugins and Kraken Cloud Storage.
Image Quality Settings:
Automatic Image Orientation:
Click to upload or drag-and-drop your images here
|Original size||Kraked size||Savings||% Savings||Status|
|SUMMARY||[[total.originalSize | bytes]]||[[total.optimizedSize | bytes]]||[[total.savedBytes | bytes]]||[[total.savedPercent]]|
[[file.name | strLimit: 60]]
|[[file.originalSize | bytes]]||[[file.optimizedSize | bytes]]||[[file.savedBytes | bytes]]||[[file.savedPercent]]|
Image Optimization Mode
Kraken.io offers several optimization modes The mode you select should depend on your specific requirements - such as the type of image that you are compressing, and the target audience of your images.Lossy
Our intelligent lossy optimization typically produces savings of at least 60% of the initial file weight; with savings of 80% to 90% occurring frequently. Our default intelligent lossy algorithm has been specifically designed to always produces images of outstanding quality, and never of unacceptable quality degradation. In most cases, you will not be able to tell the optimized result from the original, even upon close inspection. We recommend this mode to most of our users, and for most use-cases.Lossless
This mode will save as much file weight as possible without altering a single pixel, hence the name “lossless” - meaning no information is lost whatsoever. Use this mode when your requirement is that the image should retain 100% of it’s initial visual information - such as for sensitive brand and marketing visuals.Expert
Expert view is designed for users who are already familiar with image processing and optimization. Using this mode you can set different quality levels for lossy JPEG and PNG optimization, preserve certain entries in the EXIF metadata, and automatically orient your images. You can even set a custom chroma subsampling value for JPEG images.
Image Resizing Strategies
When you need to generate sets of images in different sizes or dimensions, our easy-to-use image resizing interface has you covered. Just specify your required dimensions and pick one of several strategies for resizing your images, prior to optimization:
- Resize to exact width and height. Aspect ratio will not be maintained
- This option will crop and resize your images to fit the desired width and height
- Exact height will be set, width will be adjusted according to aspect ratio
- Exact width will be set, height will be adjusted according to aspect ratio
- This option will crop your images to the exact size you specify with no distortion
- This strategy will first crop the image by its shorter dimension to make it a square, then resize it to the specified size
- The best strategy (portrait or landscape) will be selected for a given image according to its aspect ratio